As we know Google Play Store contains a lot of mobile application which is both paid as well as free. Google Play Store has made easier for users to download mobile apps they want. But as we know that nothing is perfect, the app available on the play store has also some faults and errors. This doesn’t mean that every app has fault or errors. Such error 504 can also be occurred due to some problem within the user devices as well. The context of error occurring may vary according to the situation. Sometimes error within the devices itself or due to some technical difficulties within the app can create such troubles.
Keeping this thing in mind we have prepared an article regarding one of the errors that occur while downloading apps from play store. Error 504, In this article we will be sharing what is this Error 504, how it occurs and what are the possible solutions that we can apply to fix this error 504 while downloading or updating android apps from google play store. Without any further delay let’s jump into the solution.
Note: You can also use our Quick Link feature to directly jump into the specific section.
What is Google Play Store Error 504?
Error 504 is a numeric identification given to the error so that the software developer or vendor can understand the root cause of error occurrence. Such numeric identification holds information about the error, its possible causes and the action that causes such errors. Basically, these numbers are used to address the bug within the software. Error 495, Error 971, etc are some of the examples of Such Error.
What causes Google Play Store Error 504?
Google Play Store Error 504 generally occurs while trying to download mobile apps from the play store. It can also occur while attempting to update the current version of the mobile app. This error is associated with slower internet connections or poor mobile data networks. Error 504 can also occur due to the use of unwanted apps. Also the Incomplete Installation, Incomplete uninstall, Improper deletion of the application can also be the cause for such errors. Such corrupt files lead to wrongly link the files that are necessary for the proper working of the application.
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 504?
A simple fix that worked for some is turning your mobile data off and then back on. You can try it now by turning your Airplane mode on and then off or by going to settings >> data usage>> turn off Mobile data and turn it back on. Now try to download or update the app via Google Play. If that didn’t work, some users have even solved the Google Play Store error 504 by freeing some space in their android device by uninstalling unwanted apps or games. If these Android fixes didn’t work there are more to go in this post for “App” could not be downloaded due to an error. (504)
Like most android market-related error there is no one sure solution for the 504 error. However, one of these steps should help you resolve the 504 error in Google Play Store:
Methods or Solution to solve Google Play Store Error 504
Method 1: Clear App Data
- Go to Settings>> Application Manager or Apps>> Open “All” apps
- From the list of apps find Google Play store >>Clear Data and Clear Cache
- From the list of apps find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Now install or update the app from Google Play Store
Method 2: Try Removing and Adding Gmail
- Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
- Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
- Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your Gmail account
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
- Rerun the Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Method 3: Installing a VPN app
- Install VPN app from Google Play Store
- Now open the app and select the US as the country of connection and press connect
- Open Google Play Store and Download app
These error 504 fixes should work for Google Play Store errors. If any suggestion or problem, please comment below with your smartphone model.